Coldwell Banker Developac Realty
998 Beaver Drive
DuBois, PA 15801
Treasure Lake office
1102 Coral Reef Road
DuBois, PA 15801
The Top 10 Things Sales Associates Want in a Company
by Joe Varacallo, CCIM, GRI, Broker
President / Owner
The National Association of Realtors, NAR, conducted a survey of highly successful agents. They sent out 5,000 surveys to agents who closed in excess of $3 million in sales, closed at least 30 units, or were ranked in their company as one of the top 10 producers. NAR received a 31 percent return on this survey, which showed some very interesting results. Although the survey was conducted in 1996, it is my professional opinion that the following still applies and the importance of each item has increased significantly:
- The average age of the successful agent today is 53 years old.
- That agent makes a minimum income of $30,600 or more.
- He/she has been with his/her current firm six or more years and has been in real estate 17 years.
What are the highly successful agents looking for?
The high technology users earned $47,200 more than agents who were average users of technology and $74,200 more than agents who rarely use technology. Also, agents sell more of their own listings with the use of technology.
- Advanced Education:
Most top producers in our industry have at least one designation such as CRS, GRI or ABR. It has been proven that those agents who invest in their education earn more money.
- Personal Assistants:
Sixty-five percent of highly successful agents have a personal assistant. So, any system that assists the agents in their administrative tasks or allows them to spend more of their time with buyers and sellers retains agents. A company management system allows agents more time to focus on their business rather than paperwork.
- A TEAM Concept That The Company Supports:
Today, more than ever, we see top producers forming their own teams to leverage their individual expertise. They use buyer agents to handle their leads or proven company supported systems to help manage their book of business.
Top producers spend $500 to $1,000 per month on marketing their properties and on self-promotion. Those companies that have marketing departments or marketing support staff attract the top producers. Top producers don't mind paying for marketing, but they want convenience and efficiency. They also want it to be less expensive than if they did it on their own. And, they want a system that will send the marketing pieces for them.
- Agent Promotion:
The more you promote the agents in your company, the less they have to do it themselves.
- Calls Off Their Own Signs:
The best agents want their own calls and they want control of those calls. The best agents today spend their own money to make the phone ring and they don't want a new or part-time agent picking up their leads on floor time. They DO NOT want to be competing with the owner or office manager for buyers or clients.
- Competitive Compensation Program:
A company doesn't have to give agents all the money. A company has to be competitive and prove where money is being spent on its agents, regardless of the program. A company must be profitable to stay in business. The good agents are smart. They know that more leads and more company support equals more money!
- Professional Working Environment:
Even though many agents today work out of their homes, they still want a professional environment to take clients to. And when they are in the office, they want it to be functional and professional.
- Quality Support Staff and Support Systems:
Support seems to be one of the most important things to an agent. Support in the areas they need keeps their stress level low and allows them to focus on their production.
- It is my opinion that these are the top things that agents today are looking for in a company. My opinion is supported by many top producers. I have personally seen over the past 18 years of day-to-day activity in the real estate business that when a company responds to the needs of the agents by implementing the systems that they need, it just gets easier to stay on top and have fun in the business.
- Because we know what Sales Associates want and because we meet all of these needs, Coldwell Banker Developac Realty and Developac Inc. have passionately served the local community since 1973, year after year selling more homes than its competition and proving to our customers and clients why we are the #1 Real Estate company in the DuBois, Treasure Lake, and surrounding areas of Jefferson, Clearfield, and Elk counties.
- Give us a call today or click here to request a confidential appointment and see if a real estate career is for you or if you are ready to take your existing real estate career to the next level.